Monday, September 29, 2014

29 September 2014- This is it.

So this was a very interesting week, one where I saw the hand of the Lord in the work very clearly. 

On Tuesday we had zone conference in the Ipswich chapel. It was quite nice to not have to travel far for it. It was three zones together, and the theme of the day was the Book of Mormon. SUCH a powerful meeting. I learned so much and just generally strengthened my testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. It is a miracle that we have it and it is a blessing to be able to study from it every day. Sister Jordan trained on how to teach investigators how to successfully study the scriptures instead of just say "Read it." President trained on the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion, and gave two really brilliant trainings on the translation process of the Book of Mormon and historical/geographical evidences that it is true. Mind blowing. The big take away, though, was that the truth of the scriptures will always remain in the realm of faith, and it is that way because God wants it that way. He won't force us to believe. I think that is a really beautiful part of His plan. 

After the conference, our investigator Colin, who is golden beyond belief, came to the chapel and President taught him with us. It was epic. Great lesson in which we got to apply the things we had just learned in the conference. All the missionaries leaving the chapel was sad because there are a lot that I will not see again. Pictures forth coming of me and my "sons". Well, 3 of them at least. 

Wednesday I went to Thetford for an exchange with Sister Mlcochova (can't pronounce it? Thats ok, no one else can either) from Czech Republic. This is her 2nd transfer. She is excellent! We had a fun day, and on top of all of that I got to ride around in a car all day because it is a car area, so that was nice. We helped a family from Texas unpack their boxes from moving. Later that night we went on the American military base to teach a lesson. Long security check process, and we weren't allowed to wear our badges on base, but it was a really neat experience. We taught an American in the home of some American members and it was well weird. I don't know how I'm gonna adjust to American accents all the time. 

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, our planners were filled up with appointments. We were booked solid. Except, although we confirmed all of them, every single appointment cancelled. Every one. Even the confirmed ones. How annoying is that? But it was all in God's wisdom, because we were really blessed to find some amazing people because of it! 

We had just been hosed in the park, by an investigator that has hosed us before, and so we went to finding. We approached this Chinese guy on a bench. His name is Simon, he's from mainland China, and only knows the name Jesus Christ but nothing about him. We took him to the nearest members' home and watched Finding Faith in Christ with him, he was well interested! He is a really nice guy, I hope we can at least help him develop faith in the Saviour in the short time that he is here in England. 

Sunday we got to an impromptu appointment early, so we tracted some houses. The second door we knocked, a young mother came to the door. She kind of believes in God, but is very on the fence after not having prayers answered. She was really open. And turns out, she has a 12 week old daughter born with a heart defect! So we kind of got to relate over that, and I was able to bear testimony how the gospel has brought our family peace in times where things seemed bleak. We will see her again on Friday :)

Well, this being my last official email from the mission, I guess I should say something special. But honestly I have no words. I love my mission. I love these people. I am so blessed to have my life touched by the amazing people of England. I want to thank everyone who has read my blog, because I wasn't really expecting anyone to. Hope it has entertained you. I am so sad to be leaving this amazing place and these brilliant people, but, as President Monson says, faith is always pointed toward the future. I have had this quote on my planner this transfer:
" In His plan, there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."- President Uchtdorf
I guess that is what brings me comfort, that it doesnt have to end, not really. As sad as I am to leave, I'm excited to be able to see all of you again! Talk to you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment