Monday, March 10, 2014

10 March 2014

So this week, lots of exciting things have happened! On Tuesday we had zone meeting, and I turned 11 months! Elder Nolan, my son (so proud) gave a really moving training on the Atonement. I am so blessed to have this experience. On my mission, the Atonement has become so much more real to me. I have felt the effects of it in my own life and I've seen it affect other people. As we were discussing this in zone meeting, we were talking about the experience of Jonah. He was angry that the people he taught were forgiven or something like that. It was mentioned that Jonah needed the Atonement just as much as his converts. Its so true. Whether we are a faithful member of the Church or the "vilest of sinners", we all need the Atonement in our lives just the same. The Lord is so good to us!

Wednesday morning, before helping at the new missionary 3 week training meeting, Sister Butler and I had companionship study with President Jordan. Such an amazing experience. We talked about agency and it just never ceases to amaze me how perfect God's plan is for us! It is flawless. We also talked about covenants, and it is just so great that God offers such a great way to allow us to do the right things without forcing us to. Basically this whole week has been a great testimony boost that literally every thing to every happen, every principle of the gospel, every trial, every test, every commandment is in our lives only because our Heavenly Father loves us, infinitely and eternally. Amazing. 

So we are teaching two really solid investigators. Arthur, the older gentleman from Jamaica, is getting baptised on March 29th. We taught him two commandments this week and he was just like, "Well if its a commandment from God then why would I not keep it?" Oh, he is great. Such a sweet guy. We are also teaching a guy in his mid 30s named Dean. He's a pianist, plays at the Ritz. Seriously. He is really cool, was just athiest like 7 months ago. Anyway, he is really soaking in the message and keeping commitments and came to church and he is just great! He was having second thoughts about meeting with us mid-week, and we didnt try to talk him into doing it anyway, and by the next morning he had a change of heart and now he is more solid than ever. I just love the people we teach! 

So...next week is moves. So I won't email until Tuesday. Sorry folks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything just stays the same. I really want to stay in Whitechapel one more transfer. One more transfer and I'll have lived in London for 9 months! Wish me luck!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment