Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm Old Now. April 29, 2013

Hey ya'll.

So I'm 20 now. Weird. As Anthony told me, I have successfully avoided being a teen mom, so I guess I feel pretty accomplished. Other than that I feel about the same. But my birthday was awesome! Sister Webster treated me like a princess all day haha and she bought me a Dr. Pepper! That's all I really wanted for my birthday, so it was a success. A family we had dinner with made me a cake, which was the sweetest thing ever. And then we set baptismal dates for them, which was the best present ever!

So you can send me snail mail directly to my flat, just ask my mom or sister for the address, because I don't really want to publish it on the internet. That might be dangerous haha.

We've had an excellent week! So as missionaries, every week we set like numerical goals for what we want to accomplish, and this past week we met all our goals and surpassed some of them! Which really just means we need to set higher goals, but it was still pretty successful.

The people of the Bedford ward are the bomb. So we were at the home of a member named Gladys from Ghana the other night, and her daughters were watching Disney Channel so I was talking to them about that and they told me their favorite show is Jessie, so they thought I was the coolest when I told them I've met Debby Ryan haha.

The youth here are great because they think my accent is cool. Sidenote: I hate my accent now that I'm surrounded by British accents. Like, I sound like an idiot. But the kids seem to think my accent and generally the fact that I'm from America is cool. So sometimes I'll have kids show me their American accents and that's always fun. Yesterday a girl in the ward was like, "Whads uuurrrrp" and I was like "Was that supposed to be American?" hahahaha It is funny. Guess you had to be there.

The work is moving on in Bedford. I'm finally getting the hang of things and remembering which direction is which. Without Sister Webster, I would spend 80% of my time just wondering where the heck I am and how to get to where I need to be.

This is the Lord's work. He is helping me so much! Actually He's doing most of the work for me. All I have to do is open my mouth, put one foot in front of the other, just focus on what He wants me to do, and I see success. I feel like I've been here forever just because of how much my testimony has grown in such a short time, but also it feels crazy to think that I've already been out on a mission for a month. Time is so weird.

Here's some advice: pray. Pray all. the. time. Completely put your trust in the Lord. There's no other way to go through life and have it mean something, than to completely rely on Him. He will make your life a million times better than you could yourself. Don't put off doing what you know you're supposed to do. Keep the commandments, they are literally only in place to help you be happy. God WANTS TO BLESS YOU. So stop being stubborn and let Him.

I love you all dearly. Keep on keepin on.



1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. It is so exciting to be a part of what you are doing through what you write about. Love you FOREVER.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete