Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013- Greetings from the Shire

Bedfordshire that is! I am in the beautiful city of Bedford! And the surrounding towns and countryside. Wednesday we drove south to London, and I was flipping out when we drove into the city. So many cool things. Still haven't seen Big Ben though. One day haha.
So we got to the Hyde Park chapel, which is our mission home. President Jordan and his wife are really lovely people. We had a few trainings, then got our companions. I am blessed to be with Sister Webster from Gilbert, AZ (she knows Andrew Prince!). She's a sweetie and we are having a ton of fun together. We danced to EFY music for exercise this morning if that tells you anything haha. So on Wednesday we dragged all my luggage through the tube for like 3.5 hours to get to our flat. BUT on the way we were in Kings Cross station and we took a picture at Platform 9 3/4. LIFE MADE. I would love to upload the pic but the library computer I'm on is rubbish.
Anyway, our flat is really cute and homey. This area is really great, it is like a perfect blend of modern shops and things and old historic churches. And out in the country is even more beautiful. Everything here is just so pretty. I love the people here too. They are all very nice and polite, which makes the work a lot easier. Not really scared to walk up to people and just talk to them anymore.
I'm learning proper English pretty quickly. I still refuse to call the bathroom the toilet, that's weird to me. But people here say "lovely" a lot. And "I'm not bothered/can't be bothered" which I love. Catherine Tate taught me well.  I also love little British kids. Their accents are cute.
The work is good. My goal is to always have a smile on my face and my badge visible so that people can associate the two. We are one of the only biking areas in the mission, so I get to bike around a lot. I look like a goober but whatever.
Thanks in advance for birthday wishes and letters.
I love you all. The Lord loves you. Be safe and be good.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. Love this. Love to see how you are catching on to the "lovely" lingo of England. Our Great Great Grandfather is so proud (I know he is) I will do some research to see what part of England he came from. Maybe you will find relatives! Wouldn't that be awesome! My heart goes with you always.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete