Tuesday, May 20, 2014

20 May 2014

So sorry I didn't email yesterday. Our PDay was moved to Tuesday this week because we had interviews with President Jordan yesterday. This week has been absolutely brilliant. On Tuesday I was in Southend with Sister Stewart from Hong Kong and Sister Alipio from Brazil. They were really fun. It was an especially good day because I had THE MOST FUN teaching. The investigators we taught were very open, but challenging. That's the funnest kind. One we taught in the evening named Ivan left a big impression. He had come across anti-Mormon stuff and was trying to corrrect us, bust as we continued to bear testimony and challenge him to ask God and not rely on what we or anyone else says, his heart softened. His countenance changed. He committed to read and pray. It was amazing. 

Wednesday I was in Romford on an individual exchange with Sister Ranieri from Italy. She is hilarious. And she is good friends with one of my MTC buddies, so thats way cool. We had a really fun time, and we did a lot of finding. We set a goal to have on street lesson in a half an hour, and we ended up having two so we treated ourselves to ice cream, and ended up having another lesson with the lady at the ice cream stand. Awesome! One thing I love about the Romford sisters is that they share in my love of nerdy things. When I got to Romford, Sister Ranieri handed me a Hogwarts letter with a bunch of Harry Potter stickers. Score. 

We found a lot of new people this past week. On Friday, a youth from our ward named Emily (who I am pretty sure reads my blog so....hi Emily!) came out with us, and we were able to find a lot of new people with her. She is seriously awesome! She always helps us teaching, and it was cool to give her her first finding experience. 

Sunday our investigator Rebecca came to church with a member family, which was awesome. We have mostly taught Rebecca over Facebook, and it has been really successful. We are able to talk with her a lot more than we would be without Facebook. And she loved church. She is seriously one of the best people I've ever taught. All her answers are mint. She feels the Spirit. We extended a baptismal invitation to her and she accepted! She is already teaching all her friends as school to pray. I can definitely see her going on a mission one day, and she will be a great missionary. 

Yesterday we were in Cambridge all day for interviews. I love talking with President Jordan. He has helped me so much to develop into the missionary and the person Heavenly Father needs me to be. And it is always so fun to see him and Sister Jordan. Sister Jordan gave us some trainings on the Book of Mormon which were absolutely epic. I don't think I can say enough how blessed I am to have such amazing people leading our mission! 

Today for PDay we are just shopping and chilling. I'm trying hard to get Sister Curtis birthday presents without her looking, but the whole sight and sound thing makes that difficult. We went and got massages in the massage chairs at the cinema this morning, that was fun. 

This week I'm on an exchange with Sister Davis from Las Vegas tomorrow. Yay! And on Thursday I'm in Chelmford. Essex, mate! I'm excited, should be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment