Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Days! (Easter, birthday, baptism, moves, lots of stuff)

It's been a great and very full week, I have lots to tell about! But first off, we'll get the big announcement out of the way. I'm getting kicked out of London! After 6 transfers here, I'm finally shipping out. I'm moving to Ipswich to be with Sister Curtis, my third companion in a row from Utah haha. But she is really awesome and I'm so stinkin excited to be with her. We are gonna crush it. And I've heard about how awesome Ipswich is like my whole mission, so I'm excited. I sure will miss Whitechapel though, I love this ward so dang much! They have been so great to me!
 
So last Tuesday I had Sister Loveland with me here on an exchange. We had a ridiculous amount of fun. She said something hilarious but profound I thought. She said, "Don't follow the antelope off the cliff." Now she was referring to not following me crossing the street when we didn't have a green man, but I thought it was actually a pretty good saying for most instances. Don't be an antelope. Don't follow your friends off a cliff.
 
Anyway, Wednesday I was in Bedford with Sister Som for an exchange. Unfortunately we forgot to take a picture together. But I got to see a lot of the members there that I absolutely love, which is lucky because it was my last opportunity to go there. I even got to see one of my old investigators, Blessing! Talked him into going to church, hopefully he went. It was a really fun day. Oh and I got to see James, Elouise, Charlotte, and Mitchell, they came to say hello to me for a second. So great!
 
Thursday night there was a really cool activity at Hyde Park chapel. Elder Ohman, one of the senior couples, plays organ professionally, so they showed a silent film from 1927 called King of Kings and he played organ to it. It was like 2 hours long, but it was really really good! I really enjoyed it, it definitely got me in the Easter spirit.
 
Friday was zone conference and WOW it was a good one. We talked about the Fall of Adam and Eve, and I learned so stinkin much! It was profound. The Hayes sisters did a musical item and it was beautiful. Big fan. I love zone conferences!
 
So the big event of the week was Arthur's baptism on Sunday evening! We picked him up for church and he wore a suit and it was just stinkin adorable. He was so excited all week for this. So we went to church, had fun there, then took him to Hyde Park where the baptism was going to be, then went and picked up the other sisters' investigator Vilma that was getting baptised and went to the chapel, got there just in time. Let me tell you, the Whitechapel ward SHOWED UP. We had really great attendance and it was such an amazing service. At the end, Vilma and Arthur both got up to bear their testimonies. Arthur usually doesn't show much emotion, but he got teary as he explained how he had grown up in Jamaica seeing missionaries and wondering what they were about, then meeting the sisters in Enfield and learning from us, feeling as though God was telling him it was time for him to settle down, start a new life, follow and serve Him. It was amazing. He has come so far since we met him. He is so excited to be a part of the ward and help other people strengthen their testimonies. I love Arthur so dang much! I'm so sad to be leaving him right after his baptism. This has definitely been my favourite Easter of all time. There is no better way to celebrate the Saviour's atonement than by watching somebody take full advantage of it and make covenants with their Heavenly Father.
 
Yesterday we had companionship study with Sister Jordan. We talked about charity and it was really lovely. I learned how faith is in Jesus Christ, hope is in our own efforts, and charity is about others. They all three are so intertwined and so important to becoming more like Jesus Christ. I love Sister Jordan and the insights she had for us, it was a really great experience.
 
Well, I'm sad to be leaving Whitechapel because it has been an amazing three transfers, but I'm so excited for new adventures in Ipswich. We will see if I take the transition to country life better than I took the transition into city life. I know there is someone in Ipswich the Lord has prepared for me and Sister Curtis to find, teach, and baptise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment