Monday, January 6, 2014

6 January 2014

Alright so my week was a whirlwind! Not a whole lot of new stuff to talk about. On Thursday I went on my first Sister Training Leader exchange! It was weird being on the other side of it. I've had them in the past when an STL would come and train me, and that always made me nervous because I'm basically being evaluated. Being the evaluater made me WAY MORE NERVOUS. Especially because I'm meant to set a good example to these sisters in every aspect. It was scary. But it turned out really fun! I was in Canterbury (which is number 1 on my list of places I've wanted  to serve. Its beautiful.) with Sister Gorniak from Tasmania (we are already FB friends) and Sister Gundestrup from Utah. We had a really fun day, and that day we were participating in a mission wide fast, so that night we had a pizza party/ tim tam slams to break our fast. Except the tim tam slams were with twix, so it wasnt legit but it was delicious. I love being a sister training leader! I learned so much from being out with these two excellent sisters. I think this calling is a great opportunity for me to learn and get ideas on how I can improve from other sisters. And also, Canterbury was just as beautiful as I imagined. Pictures forthcoming of me in front of a castle just chilling in their town centre. I also got to see Sister Jones since Sister Hymas went on the exchange with her and her companion over in Ashford. Love that girl. Glad I got to see her.
 
The rest of our week was pretty standard except SATURDAY WAS OUR 9 MONTH MARK! How in the world did that happen? It was made especially weird because we were in the MTC together, and then all of a sudden we are 9 months out and old and I don't know where the time has gone. I still feel like a baby. But now that I'm more than halfway out, I am officially an old missionary. I dunno, its crazy.
 
This next week is zone conferences, and I'm going on exchanges to Leighton Buzzard and St Albans. I'm pretty excited, it should be a fun week! Sorry I don't have more time to say cool things, talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment