Monday, November 25, 2013

Wagwan, blood?

Don't know what that means? Just google it. Yeah, I'm learning pretty thuggin English slang.
 
So, general announcements first: My dearly beloved cousin Nikki whom I know reads this blog is the best human being on the planet. Thanks so much for your awesome card and the Scottish pounds! I really appreciate it! I would send you a thank you card but I don't feel like you get them when I send them and you mentioned moving, so I thought I'd wait until you are at your new residence. If you email me your new address, I would love to send you a Christmas card!
 
On to the good stuff: This was definitely not our best week. But not our worst. Last Monday after we emailed, we went to Oxford Street with Sister King and Sister Hymas (my MTC roomie, for those who dont remember, and one of my best friends in the mission). It was already all prettified for Christmas, which made it a whole lot more fun. They even put a big bubble around the fountain at Piccadilly Circus to make it look like a snow globe. Posh.
That evening we were walking to an appointment when I felt impressed to stop this guy walking past and before I could say much he said, "You guys are Mormons? So am I!" He explained his mom is on the stake primary presidency, but he's been inactive for a few years simply because he got out of the habit of living the gospel. It's definitely a habit you have to work to keep up, people!  He is interested in being reactivated, so we are going to start teaching him. I know us stopping him was an answer to many prayers said by his mother, so it made me really happy.
On Tuesday we started teaching Sebastian, the reverse tracting guy, and set a baptismal date! He is a great investigator. So prepared, and understands the doctrine so well. He gets it. I love it when they get it.
The rest of the week was pretty standard. Definitely one of our slowest weeks, but it turned out decent. It has been really extremely cold, but dry mostly so its all good. Quite glad a splurged on boots a while ago.
There is this couple in our ward that have been gone for the past few months, and just got back and I love them! Guess where they met? Performing on a cruise ship! They are both performers and just extremely cool people. The wife, Jess, looks so so so familiar to me and when I told her that, she said the same about me and we can't figure out why for the life of us. So we decided we were premortal bestites. She got baptised fairly recently, and now their goal is to go to the temple, so we are starting to teach them temple prep.
Interviews with President were on Friday. They were excellent, as usual. And he made me go first, as usual. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but every time we have interviews, Sister Jordan makes the best brownies known to man. So that was definitely the highlight of my week.
We are finding and teaching a lot of Spanish people. I can't really say anything, but I understand the whole conversation when Sister Diaz is teaching them. I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll be able to at least bear my testimony soon.
This week we have a performance in Ilford, our first Christmas one. We are practicing today. And today pretty much all the sisters in London are going to Camden Town with us. Its gonna be a party! I'm quite excited. Hope you all have a great week, love you lots!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. My dearly beloved cousin Amanda is a missionary ROCK STAR - and an inspiration to me! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete