Monday, October 28, 2013

So this week was excellent! We got a whole lot done and finished off the week with a double baptism! So Curtis, a great guy I met by a bus stop about a month or so ago, and Nigel, a guy we met on the bus the Friday before general conference. It was a really great service, and the members brought a whole buffet of refreshments! It was so crazy awesome! I am still having trouble believing it. I can't take any credit for it, I know the Lord took care of the whole thing. I just showed up and talked and God made it happen. Their whole teaching process was way too fast and miraculous to think that I had anything to do with their decision to be baptised. I just feel really blessed that Heavenly Father allowed me to be His hands in this whole experience. I love being a missionary!

The other highlight of the week was zone conference. It was kind of a split themed one, the first half theme was the Great Apostasy and the second half was Hastening the Work of Salvation (basically working with members). We had great trainings from President and Sister Jordan and the APs. 

So, story of the week: After zone conference we got on the tube and two girls in their 20s sat on my right and were talking about random stuff, and the girl right next to me made a comment to her friend about how great the Book of Mormon play was. She didn't see me or my Book of Mormon sitting on my lap. After about 5 minutes, the guy across the aisle looked at us and was like "Are you guys cast members?" and I said, "Nope we're the real deal." At which point the girl next to me looked over and she was like "Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice you there!" And we had a nice chat about how she saw the play and got on the website and asked for a Book of Mormon but when the elders called her she didnt want them to visit her, so she never got one. At this point I say, "Your wish is my command." And pull one out of my bag and we talked a little more about what it is and what we do as missionaries and stuff. It was a really good conversation, and hopefully she has a spiritual experience as she reads the Book of Mormon!

No comments:

Post a Comment