Tuesday, October 8, 2013

8 October 2013

Friday was my 6 month mark!!! AAAAHHHHH I don't like thinking about how fast time flies on the mission. I want to stay here doing this forever! It is honestly the best thing ever. I'm glad I still have a whole year left, but the fact that the last 6 months went as fast as they did scares me. Sister Diaz and I celebrated our 6 month with gelato! 

So this week was crazy busy but not fruitful at all. We had moves day on Wednesday, which was pretty easy because I'm so central, I didnt have to go too far to switch companions. On Friday we had a fireside in Ilford. We sounded awesome, but we didnt have very good attendance. We sang a lot of new songs we have worked out and it was awesome. Saturday morning we had zone meeting in the morning at Hyde Park, then conference started at 5, so by the time we got back to our area we would only have 2 hours to work then go back, so we just stayed in South Kensington all day. Conference was great! But I was so tired, it was hard to concentrate at times. Sunday we were also in South Kensington all day for 2 more conference sessions. Between sessions, Sister Diaz and I went to Presidents flat and made dinner for President and Sister Jordan, and Elder Hein and Nolan, who are in our district. It was way fun! I loved the opportunity to serve them, because they do so much for our mission. It was great. 

Yesterday we had a special sisters training day. All 64 sisters in the mission (as opposed to the 18 that were in the mission just 15 months ago) gathered and we had trainings from Sister Jordan and the sister training leaders. It was a fun time! I got to see all my old companions (except Sister Webster, peace be upon her) and all my mission friends, it was a blast! But once that was over we didnt have time to email, which is why we are emailing today. 

It was a pretty lazy weekend, so I am ready to get back to work in my area. Our zone set a goal of 22 baptisms in October and we have a companionship goal of 2 in October, and we are ready to work our butts off to get it. I'm excited to see what miracles this week brings! Hope you all have an equally miracle-filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment