Monday, August 5, 2013

A Very Cultural Week!

We had a really fun week!
 
On Tuesday, we went to the home of a Venezuelan sister in the ward and she made us arapas, traditional Venezuelan food. It was yummy. I have never had Venezuelan food, but I would recommend it.
 
On Thursday we went to the birthday party of our investigator from Nigeria, Gabriel. It was way fun! He taught me how to dance like an African, which you can imagine I was extremely good at, and they fed us lots of Nigerian food. We were the first ones there so they treated us like guests of honor.
 
One of our new investigators, Inesa, shared something really cool with us in our first lesson. She is a Lithuanian woman that Sister Webster and I street contacted my first transfer, but we have just barely been able to make contact with her. When we asked what made her want to meet with us, she looked at me and said that she walked away from our first meeting almost 3 months ago with a strong impression that she has met me before, but she knows we have never met before. Pre-earth life friend? I dunno, but it made me feel really cool!
 
On Saturday we went to the park and played ultimate Frisbee with James and his family, a less active named Allen, and the elders. It was way fun! It's nice to spend time with the people we teach in a more relaxed setting where the goal is just to help them have fun.
 
The rest of this week has been pretty fun, we are just keeping busy. And dry, it barely rains. So that is really nice. Summer has lasted a long time. I think everyone is ready for it to cool down.
 
New rule: if you email me, you have to include your mailing address in the email in case I don't have time to reply over email. Ok thanks!
 
Have a great week everyone!
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your mission is so fun, inspirational, and busy! I look forward to reading about your adventures in England each week. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father that He is watching over my daughter, Sis. Brady, and her companions. We pray for you and the people you teach every day.

    ReplyDelete