Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Just Another Day in Paradise- May 7, 2013

Greetings loved ones, let's take a journey.

It has been another great week here in Bedford! Last Tuesday I got a letter from my mom in which she copy and pasted all the FB wall posts I got for my birthday, so thanks so much to everyone that wished me a happy birthday! I also got a lot of mail from the office haha so special shout outs to Chris Anderson, Sister Hoffman, Chelsea Olige, and Aunt Sandy. And a SUPER special shout out to the BOLTON FAMILY! Oh my goodness I love you guys, thanks so much for the package! You all will be receiving letters in reply, but it might be a bit haha because I can't write them until next Monday.

Anyway, it's been a fun filled week. On Thursday we had zone meeting, so we had to go to Northampton and met up with our zone. We've got some cool folks serving around us! And Sister Davis, one of my MTC buddies, is serving in Northampton. She's also from Las Vegas! So needless to say we get along great. Zone meeting was fun, just because we got to see everyone and stuff. Some people were late, so we were on the computers in the FHC and we all ended up mormon.org stalking haha. That's what you do when you can't use Facebook. So I typed in Logandale, NV and I only saw Bryce, Austrie, and Taylor Davis. Long story short, more people from Moapa Valley need to make mormon.org profiles so I can show you off to my companions and zone.

On Friday, Sister King (a sister that served here for 7 months but is now in the Hayes area)'s parents came to see all the people she knew here and stuff, so we spent all day with them. They came to our teaching appointments with us and we went around trying to see people Sister King knows. One recent convert, Sammy, works at Boots, so we went to Boots and were talking with him and a lady approached me and started asking me questions like I worked there and I was like uuuuuuhhhhh yeah I don't work here. It was pretty funny. They even bought us lunch at Nando's! They are great people, from Australia! So Mady Messer, listen up. They were talking about their daughter who is in this mission, and her mom said, "Sister King is such a huge fan of Delta Goodrem. Ever heard of her?" and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" hahahahaha. But apparently she's a really nice person, so I guess I'll forgive her for temporarily ruining my hopes and dreams.

So on Saturday, we got a mormon.org referral from this town nearby called Ampthill. Sister Webster had never been there, and neither had I obviously, so we went out there and discovered that it is super cute! It is really hilly and just a very quaint countryside village. So we decided we need to baptize some people out there so we can have members there to go visit haha.

Earlier in the week, we approached this guy on the street named Gabriel. Turns out he's from Nigeria (we have a few Nigerian members in the ward) and we set up a meeting on Saturday. So we met with him Saturday, gave him a Book of Mormon and explained the Restoration and invited him to church. So he came to church with us Sunday morning. It was fast and testimony meeting. Halfway throught the meeting he leans over to Sis Webster and asks if he can go up. She briefly explained how it's done and then he went up. THIS GUY HAS HAD ONE LESSON! I was simultaneously giddy and terrified that he'd say something crazy haha. But it was a good testimony, just about how he believes in God and knows that coming to church with us was the right choice. So that was really cool. He is a great guy.

Yesterday for our Pday we went to Northampton again for Sister Davis's birhtday! We just had lunch and looked around the shops and stuff, nothing too exciting. Getting there and back was pretty exciting though.

The weather here has been GORGEOUS. Like, pretty much the whole time I've been here, but in the past few days it has been like the best thing ever. Not too hot and not cold at all. It's always sunny and sometimes there's a slight breeze. It's the best. So no need to worry about me in that respect haha.

Anyway, thanks everyone for reading my random ramblings! I know I'm where I need to be, doing what I need to do. The work is hastening and it's exciting to be a part of it!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment